Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Survey Says

I have been doing a lot of research lately on finding ways to make money online.  One of the most popular suggestions have been to take online surveys for points on websites to earn gift cards.

I am completely on the fence about this concept.  

For one, I have been using Sunshine Rewards for a few years and have often tried to take advantage of their online survey opportunities.  Well it seemed no matter how hard I tried, I never, I mean NEVER qualified for the surveys they offered!  It was so frustrating that after a few days, I gave up and vowed to never do another survey attempt.

Plus, I don't always like to give out that much information on an online survey (i.e. I never give our annual household income out!).

Anyway, I signed up for a new website to earn points on called Swagbucks.  You can earn points for watching videos, playing games, filling out a daily poll, signing up for offers, searching the web and, of course, surveys.

I earned a few hundred points for watching some videos and searching the web but nothing too exciting.  A $5 Amazon gift card is about 450 points so I was about to abandon my attempt at paying for our diapers this way, when I decided to just TRY out the survey.

Well, just as Sunshine Rewards, I didn't qualify for any of them.  The nice thing about Swagbucks is at least they give you one point for trying to qualify.

Well today I had a breakthrough.  I decided that for one week, that's 7 full days, I am going to attempt to do all the surveys they offer.  So about the first eight of them I didn't qualify for.  Then I saw a new one pop up and I jumped on it quick.  The thing with surveys is the quicker you can get to them, the better your chance to qualify.

Well, it was a big survey... 400 points... and I GOT IT!  I was so excited!  And then, I got another one worth 100 points!  It was so exciting seeing my points go up so quickly!

I still can't say I'm totally sold on the whole survey thing.  Maybe next Wednesday, after my week of surveys is over, I will feel differently (depending on how many I actually get I guess!)  

Do any of you do surveys?  Have they actually worked out for you as far as the earnings go?  I would love some feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment