Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Wasting away again on invitations....

Have you ever been in a situation where you have to decide between two things and you really have no idea which way to go?

Yeah, I was so there the other day.  I was working on baby shower invitations for my upcoming shower and I couldn't decide whether to order these really cute ones on Etsy or should I design them myself?  Both gave me the option to print from my own computer so printing wasn't even a consideration.  I needed to choose whether or not to spend $15 on having them done for me or spend hours at the computer messing around with my design programs to get them to be what I wanted.

Ultimately, I picked designing them myself.  I went with a VERY simple starfish invite and printed them on colored cardstock.  I do admit, they looked pretty nice.  I also included a nice poem insert about bringing a new or used book instead of a card and addressed and sealed all 48 invitations.  

I hand-delivered them to my office co-workers to save on postage and was all set to buy stamps on my way home to mail the rest. That's when it all went downhill.  My boss came in and was asking me about the shower and casually asked where I was registered.  I found this a little odd, since there was a registry card in with the invitation.

That's when I had my OMG moment.  I totally meant to go to my car and include those registry cards before I sealed the invite.  FAIL.  Major FAIL!  To make it all worse, I took off the part on the invite that stated where I was registered RIGHT before I hit print because I had those handy little inserts.

So here I sit, on my day off, opening, re-addressing and re-stuffing the envelopes and mailing out the invites that were already done.  Maybe I should have saved all the time designing them and spent the money to order them... at least I wouldn't have wasted hours and hours doing this and instead only wasted a few hours re-doing the envelopes.

I guess the silver lining is that I never got around to putting those stamps on the ruined envelopes....

No comments:

Post a Comment